Information on environmental compliance, safety and health protection
The principal directions of work in the field of environmental compliance, safety and health protection
• adoption of regulatory legal acts in the field of safety and health protection by “Kaztemirtrans” JSC
• development of programs, action plans in the field of environmental compliance, safety and health protection
• establishment and implementation of activity incentive systems on development and improvement of conditions for safety and health protection, individual and collective protection
• monitoring in the field of environmental compliance, safety and health protection
• prevention of industrial accidents and occupational diseases
• compliance with the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of environmental compliance, safety and health protection
• observance of rights and legal interests of employees in the field of safety and health protection in the organization
• protection of legal interests of employees affected by industrial accidents and occupational diseases
• establishment of payment terms for hard work and work with harmful, hazardous working conditions
• training and advanced training of specialists on environmental compliance, safety and health protection
• compliance with the requirements of environmental legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Activity on safety and health protection in “Kaztemirtrans” JSC is conducted in accordance with the legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of safety and health protection; regulatory legal acts of “NC “KTZh” JSC and is built on the basis of a complex of organizational, technical, methodological, industrial, sanitary-hygienic and other measures.
In addition, in order to improve actions on safety and health protection, prevention of occupational accidents, the program “Adoption of a new model of industrial safety management” was released, within the framework of which the following standards were implemented:
1. “Behavioral security dialogue in “NC “KTZh” JSC and its subsidiaries in the field of industrial safety”
2. “Identification of hazards and environmental aspects, its risk assessment and management in the field of industrial safety in “NC “KTZh” JSC and its subsidiaries”
3. “Incidents management with the defining of its root causes in “NC “KTZh” JSC and its subsidiaries”
4. “Prevention and liquidation of emergency situations in “NC “KTZh” JSC and its subsidiaries”
5. “Security management in the performance of work by contracting organizations in “NC “KTZh” JSC and its subsidiaries”
These standards provide for the improvement of the industrial safety management system, including transportation process safety (traffic safety), safety and health protection, environmental compliance, industrial and fire safety.
It is created one of the main tasks - personnel training by new effective methods in industrial safety management and development of culture of safe personnel behavior, covering the organizational perimeter as a whole for the Company’s groups according to the detailed plan and the Roadmap for the implementation of the above-mentioned program.
This training will allow to organize correctly managed interaction processes of the main organization activity with safety requirements, to define a unified approach on industrial safety management, to direct the development of knowledge, skills, experiences, development of trainees’ potential capabilities directly in the functions and processes, to develop and to realize aims, key activity indicators in the field of safety.
705 employees introduced and trained the new methods of industrial safety management for the period of 2017 and the first quarter of 2018, according to the employees training schedule for “Kaztemirtrans” JSC.
Also, at the present time within the framework of above-mentioned program, “NC “KTZh” JSC takes efforts to implement the project for the industrial safety processes automatization.
Collective agreement is signed between the Trade Union Committee, acting on behalf of the work collective, and the Administration in “Kaztemirtrans” JSC.
The agreement contains the main provisions on issues of labor and salary, working time and rest time, remuneration system and material incentives, health protection and other economic and social issues of the organization development.
For period of 2017 and 8 months of 2018, the Company has not admitted cases of industrial injuries.
“Kaztemirtrans” JSC carries out its activity in accordance with the requirements of the labor legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan with regard to safety and health protection to provide special clothing and personal protective equipment, special food (milk), training, compulsory insurance of employees against accidents in work commitments (duties), attestation of industrial objects, etc.
The provision of special clothing, special footwear and personal protective equipment in the Company"s branches is 100%.
In addition, “Kaztemirtrans” JSC implemented the Quality Management System in the central office and in the branches located in Astana city in 2005 and in February 2006 received the QMS Compliance Certificate with the requirements of the international standard ISO 9001:2000.
In December 2007, the certification of the Environmental Management System and the Occupational Safety and Health Management System was successfully conducted in the central office of “Kaztemirtrans” JSC and in the branches located in Astana city.
In April 2008, “Kaztemirtrans” JSC received Certificates of Compliance of the Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements of the international standard ISO 14001:2004 and the Occupational Safety and Health Management System in accordance with the requirements of the international standard OHSAS 18001:2007 (hereinafter referred to as “Certificates”).
In September 2014, it is conducted the recertification audit of the Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2008), the Environmental Management System (ISO 14001:2004) and the Occupational Safety and Health Management System (OHSAS 18001:2007) in the central office, regional branches and branches, located in Astana city. It was confirmed compliance with international standards, certificates are issued.